Mary and Jeff Bell Library
Bell Library - Multimedia Presentation Room Use Guidelines
Mary and Jeff Bell Library Media Center Multimedia Presentation Rooms are available for use in the Library by current Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi students. Students asking to use a presentation room must have a current TAMU-CC SandDollar$ ID in their possession and be in our computer database. Multimedia Presentation Rooms can be checked out at the Media Center desk upon presenting a student ID and signing the User Agreement. Students are financially responsible for loss or damage of audio-visual equipment and accessories. The Multimedia Presentation Rooms are located in the Media Center room 217.
- Eligibility. Only those students in possession of a current Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi SandDollar$ ID and currently in our computer database will be allowed to access the Multimedia Presentation Rooms. Students must also be in good standing with the Mary and Jeff Bell Library. To remain in good standing with the Mary and Jeff Bell Library students cannot exceed $15.00 in fines or have record block due to other infractions, and must return accessories in satisfactory condition.
- Location. All Multimedia Presentation Rooms can be checked out in the Media Center, room 217 of the Mary and Jeff Bell Library. Accessories must be returned to the same location.
- Hours of Availability. Multimedia Presentation Rooms will be available for use during the hours the Media Center is open.
- Duration of Availability. Multimedia Presentation Rooms will be available for a maximum of three hours and are renewable once, if no one is waiting.
- Fines/Penalties. Overdue fines are $15.00 per hour, with a max of $150.00. Partial hours will be billed at the full hourly overdue rate. Overdue fines are non-refundable. The replacement cost of the equipment plus a $10.00 billing fee will be assessed if equipment is lost, stolen, or damaged. Replacement cost for components will be determined at the time of occurrence. Costs are subject to change within a given semester due to the current market value of the equipment and its components.
- Reservation Details. Multimedia Presentation Rooms cannot be reserved. They are available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Checkout Guidelines. Students must provide a valid SandDollar$ ID and currently be enrolled in Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi. Upon the first use of a Multimedia Presentation Room, students will read and sign the User Agreement. Students may use one Multimedia Presentation Room per University ID. Accessories must be returned by the same student who signed the user agreement. Upon return of accessories, Media Center personnel will determine if they are in satisfactory condition.
The borrowing student is solely responsible for the equipment, accessories, and all their components. If damage occurs to any component or accessory, charges will be imposed as appropriate. A replacement cost of the equipment plus a $10.00 billing fee will be assessed if equipment is lost, stolen, or damaged. Replacement costs for components will be determined at the time of occurrence. Costs are subject to change within a given semester.
Students are not to leave equipment unattended without alerting Media Center staff. The borrowing student is responsible for all equipment and accessories until they are returned and checked in. If a single borrowing student steps out of the room for a short period, the Media Center personnel must be informed. If a room is left vacant for more than 30 minutes, the borrowing student will forfeit the room and staff will check in all accessories.
At the time of check-in Media Center personnel will conduct a thorough examination of the accessories to ensure they have been returned in proper working condition.
Acceptable Use Policies.
All Multimedia Presentation Room computers have limited programs available for use. The borrowing student will not alter the current software, install or download new software or plugins and will not change any current computer settings.
All rooms will be monitored and can be used only for academic purposes. Any use other than academic use will be reported and the Dean of Students will be notified.
Any material deemed in violation of the University Computer Use Policies will be reported to campus authorities and the Dean of Students.
Multimedia Presentation Rooms should be used to practice presentations and to perform coursework.
If the building is evacuated in an emergency situation, students will leave immediately and keep the door open.
Use and Checkout.
- All borrowing students will be required to sign a Multimedia Presentation Room User Agreement stating that they have read and will adhere to all policies and procedures, and accept full responsibility of the equipment and accessories.
- Borrowing students will be required to provide a valid SandDollar$ ID and be currently enrolled as a student at Texas A&M Unversity - Corpus Christi.
- Borrowing students should be proficient in the use of the equipment they plan to use. Assistance in the use of equipment is not available.
- Borrowing students may checkout one room per University ID.
- No food or drinks are permitted in the Media Center.
- The Media Center staff will determine the time that the rooms must be vacated and accessories returned. Any fines accrued will not be dismissed for reason of using other clocks or personal timepieces.
- Multimedia Presentation Rooms may be renewed once, if no one is waiting.
- If accessories are returned in unacceptable condition i.e. altered, damaged, or missing parts, the borrowing student's room use privileges will be revoked until the situation is satisfactorily resolved.
- All accessories must be returned to the Media Center desk where they will be examined to determine their working condition.
- Charges will be assessed for late, missing, damaged, lost, or stolen equipment and components.
We invite questions and/or comments and look forward to hearing from you. Contact Abel Cantu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webpage revised on