Order cards are available in the Technical Services Department.
Cards may be requested by calling the main Technical Services
number, 825-2354. Faculty members are encouraged to participate
in collection development by suggesting materials for purchase.
Orders must be approved by a designated faculty liaison
or by the collection development librarian.
Faculty members can assist us in processing orders quickly
and efficiently by adhering to the following procedures
as closely as possible when submitting orders:
- Check Portal
(Library Catalog) to ensure that the library does not
already own the desired item.
- Fill in all boxes on each order card as completely as
possible and type or print legibly. The ISBN is especially
- Attach publishers' addresses and other order information
(blurbs, flyers, etc.) to the order card. This will assist
us in ordering from small presses or associations.
- Have your faculty liaison authorize your request by
initialing the order form in the appropriate box.
- Insert appropriate program
code in the department code box on the order card.
Orders must be submitted by the order deadline, which
varies from year to year, but generally occurs between
March 15th and April 15th.
- Liaisons are notified of the deadline each year when
funds are allocated. Questions regarding order deadlines
should be directed to Michele Hall at Michele.Hall@tamucc.edu
(361) 825-2413. Orders received after the deadline may
be held for ordering until the next fiscal year (September
- Submit orders to: Bell Library, Technical Services Department
(Room 112C. Unit 5703).
Webpage revised on