Mary and Jeff Bell Library
Bell Library Circulation Department, Electronic Reserves for Faculty
Electronic Reserves for Faculty
What guidelines do I need to follow for material to be placed on electronic reserve?
- Provide a clean, straight, and single side copy of materials. 8 1/2 x 11 paper with at least 1/2 inch margin on all four sides.
- Send materials at least six weeks prior to desired availability date as copyright permission must be requested and publishers can take six weeks to respond.
- Materials exceeding 15 pages will be scanned and divided into multiple parts to eliminate long loading or printing times.
- Documents may be submitted on disk in text, Word Perfect, Word, PowerPoint , or html formats. Questions regarding document format may be directed to Robert Rios. He can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at extension 2341. The library reserves the right to convert any document into PDF format to improve viewability.
- Links to web sites may also be placed on electronic reserve. A link to an article in one of the databases licensed by Bell Library may also be placed on electronic reserve.
- Graphics submitted will be scanned as black and white bitmaps unless color is needed and specifically requested. Download times for color images are significantly longer.
Please click the link below if you would like to print out a reserve request form Reserve Request Form (PDF document)
Please click the link below if you would like to print out a check out authorization form (allows teaching assistants or students to check out materials under your library account) Checkout Authorization Form (PDF document)
We invite questions and/or comments and look forward to hearing from you. Contact Robert Rios at Robert.Rios@tamucc.edu.
Webpage revised on