Mary and Jeff Bell Library

1. Where is the main collection, juvenile section, curriculum section?

The main collection, juvenile section, and oversized section are located on the second floor of the library.

2. Can you tell me if you have this book in your library?

Yes, we can check Portal, <> our online catalog. Patrons may also check Portal from home.

3. Do you have this reserve item available here?

We can check for you if a reserve item is available or you can check Portal, under Online Catalog and choose "Course Reserves: Search by Course Name" or "Search by Instructor".

4. Can you see if my record is clear of overdue books?

We can check your record at the Circulation Desk to determine if your record is clear of any overdue books. You may also call the Circulation Desk at 825-2340 to check your record or you may check "My Account" from the library’s home page. Type in your name and university ID number. From this page you can renew and items on your account. If you have items overdue, or outstanding charges, a link will appear that notes the fines or charges accrued so far. You may click on the link to view more specific information regarding the charges.

5. How do I pay to make copies?

All copy machines only accept payment from a SandDollar card.

6. The copier malfunctioned. Can you give me a refund?

If a copier malfunctions and you are charged you may fill out a refund from at the circulation desk. Printing services is responsible for refunding your money due to copier mechanical errors.

7. Do you have a computer from which I can print from?

The Library Media Center (Room 217), Computer Lab I (Room 109), and the Computer Lab II (216A). See maps: first floor and second floor. Computers near the Reference Desk are also available for student and public use.

8. When is the library open?

The hours are listed on our web page. They are also listed on bookmarks available at the Circulation Desk and a calendar at the entrance to the library.

9. Can I check out books if I'm not a student here?

Community user cards are available for $20 per year fee. Also, students from participating Tex-Share Universities and Public Libraries may get a Tex-Share card at their home university or library. TexShare patrons may check out books by showing the TexShare card and a photo ID card.

10. Can you put a book on hold for me?

Yes. Please call 825-2340, or come to the Circulation Desk to put a hold on an item. We will contact you by phone or e-mail when the item is returned to the library.

11. Do you have any school catalogs?

Electronic copies are available at SAIL, choose "Course Catalog".

12. Where can I pickup and drop off my Interlibrary Loan materials?

Patrons may pick up and return ILL materials at the Circulation Desk.

We invite questions and/or comments and look forward to hearing from you. Contact Robert Rios at

Webpage revised on